Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Average Day

My average day:

7am: Get up
8am: Leave the house and walk a couple of blocks to pick up a pastry at the bakery on the way to the bus. Take the bus 4A to the Bella Center which is about a 15 minute bus ride.
8:30 am: Go through security, which is similar to airport security and then I get my badge scanned.
8:45 am: Get my coat checked
9:00 am: Pick up the Daily Program which states what side events (which are panels, presentations, demonstrations, etc) going on and what will be happening in the main plenary sessions (where countries are debating). I also pick up ECO which is an NGO publication about yesterday's events and the Earth Negotiations Bulletin which is a reporting newsletter stating what happened in negotiations the day before. Both these documents are very helpful and help me get a handle on what happened yesterday.
9:00 - 5:00: Attend plenary sessions, side events, actions and the NGO area. There are many options of things I can do every day.
5:00- 5:45pm: Head home; get my coat, check out of the Bella Centre and catch the 4A bus back.
5:45- 1:00 am: Make dinner, blog, skype, read the news and other items I missed during the day.  This is my down time.

That's been an average day this whole week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment