Monday, December 7, 2009

Travels to Copenhagen

The flight from Seattle to Paris was awesome! We flew over the Arctic and even though it was nighttime it was a clear night. I could see the sea ice and Greenland from the plane, the only cluster of lights was Godthab, Greenland. I also saw the northern lights from our plane, which was breath-taking. But the plane from Seattle was late and I had to run through the Paris airport to try and catch my plane to Copenhagen, which I ended up missing. But, I arrived here at 3pm yesterday and let me say the Copenhagen airport is the coolest airport ever, it is hard to describe but its clean, quiet, not stressful, it's just great! Once Melissa and I got our baggage, we headed straight for the Bella Centere to get my accreditation badge, which took three hours of line waiting. When obtained my badge it was smooth sailing the rest of the evening. I met the Anja who 's apartment we are renting out for the conference. The apartment is small and is within walking distance of the bus (it is only 15 minutes to Bella) and on the way there is an amazing pastry shop. The city of Copenhagen seems great but I haven't had to much time to see or explore since I just wanted to sleep when we got to Anja's that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment